Bayer HealthCare (BHC), a division of Bayer East Africa Ltd, is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies worldwide with research and business activities focusing on: General Medicine, Women’s Healthcare, Specialty Medicine, Diagnostics and Radiology.
Bayer East Africa is also involved in Consumer Care and Animal Health. In Middle Africa, BHC is present in 40 countries, with its head office in Nairobi, Kenya.
To maximise our commitment to sustainable medical health development, provide innovative products, medical solutions and stewardship through product life-cycle management, we seek to recruit qualified and result oriented individual to fill the following position,
Medical Governance Officer
Ref No. 2014/HR/BHC-007
Reporting to the Medical Director-Middle Africa, Medical Governance Officer’s position purpose will be the overall accountability for the medical governance in Middle Africa, encompassing all Pharmaceutical business.
The MGO will be expected to develop and direct the medical governance function in the region by ensuring medical governance and compliance with International Pharmaceutical Standards, BHC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), IFMA Code of Pharmaceutical Marketing Practice and others as applicable pharmaceutical codes.
The MGO is expected to provide a source of expertise to advice on medical governance in the conduct of promotional and non-promotional activities.
Major Tasks of the Position
1. Medical Governance
- Support Countries staff in complying with all global and local Medical Governance (MG) requirements; including all applicable Codes and procedures.
- Identifying MG Risks in the Area using multiple approaches, including regular and audit reports, Risk assessment Questionnaires and Country visits.
- Ensuring appropriate management of MG risks identified by ensuring the corrective and preventative actions and mitigations plans are addressed and followed up.
- Facilitates the process of conduction of required training across the region ensuring that training requirements are defined and delivered.
- Establishment of the MG Committee Boards on the region level as well as Countries levels, as means of regular and formal discussion of debatable MG issues, taking actions and establishes Escalation process
- Participates on a regular basis in local leadership team meetings as well as teleconferences and workshops by relevant global functions
- Engages in local industry association (code compliance work streams)
- Provision of medical/scientific/technical advice/guidance to internal and external customers
2. Cross-Functional Support
The MGO will support cross-functional support between the Medical Department and the local Marketing and Sales Departments.
Every avenue must be explored to ensure that cross-functional working of this nature produces the optimal conditions in terms of business efficiency, staff morale and high quality output;
Secure the provision of product safety, medical information and other medical related services to the company and external customers, in order to accomplish high level of commercial success.
Act as Deputy Pharmacovigilance Country Head.
Ensure provision of medical expertise and training to internal customers, medical staff, Marketing and Commercialisation functions.
Education / Skills
- Degree in Medicine.
- Must be a registered with the Medical and Dentists Practitioners Board and have a current Practicing License.
- 4 years post registration experience.
- Knowledge of international pharmaceutical laws, standards and codices.
- Familiarity with current local and ICH guidelines and regulations
- Highly committed, complexity-solving personality, with demonstrated ethical medical decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in written.
- Outstanding leadership and inter-personal skills, ability to work well in teams
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees including daytime contact, copies of certificates and testimonials (quoting the reference number on the application letter) not later than 16th May 2014 to:
The Human Resources Manager,
(Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be