Vipingo Ridge Limited
Vacancy: Estate Manager
The Company: The Company is a residential property development gated community which includes a hospitality offering, an 18-hole golf course, clubhouse facilities, conferencing facilities, a private air strip, and private beach access for home-owners and hospitality guests.
Additional facilities will be added in late 2014 to enhance the overall property and hospitality offering.
The first real estate phase includes 22 villas and 230 plots. Several plots have already been developed and the remaining plots will be developed by owners in the next few years. Additional real estate phases will continue to be developed based on market demand.
The Company ¡s located on the Kenyan Coast in East Africa and caters to both international and local residents and guests, with a focus on providing international best practices and standards un-paralleled in the region.
The Role: As Estate Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for the overall day to day operations and maintenance of the Estate and implementation of future estate expansion plans.
The Estate Manager will guide, direct and lead the Estate Management Team.
The Estate Manager will report directly to the CEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the required communication between the CEO and the Estate Management Team.
- Direct the Estate Management Team and monitor their execution of relevant responsibilities, providing them when necessary with any relevant tools needed to succeed.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communications with the Estate Management Team to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities of all team members are clearly defined and understood.
- Periodically review and check the performance of the Estate Management Team and provide guidance and recommendations on how they can improve their performance.
- Delegate relevant responsibilities to appropriate team members in order to ensure the smooth operations of the Estate.
- Monitor the adherence of the Estate Team employees to guidelines, policies and procedures and carry out any disciplinary actions if required.
- Create, implement, and manage the Estate Department budget for all construction and maintenance needs.
- Lead the creation of project proposals for quotes or other tendering-related documents.
- Oversee the procurement of all relevant products and services for Estate Management.
- Review and manage all contract documents ensuring accuracy, quality, and completeness and solve any contractual disagreements and discrepancies between the various parties in a timely manner.
- Ensure all quality assurance measures are followed by contractors and lead relevant site inspections.
- Lead the technical quantitative and qualitative due diligence on new project opportunities and equipment procurement.
- Supervise the construction, development, and maintenance of all shared real estate and hospitality infrastructure as well as off-plan development.
- Liaise with plot owners and related parties to make sure plot development is in line with Estate rules and regulations.
- Manage the distribution of utilities (water, electricity, waste water and sewage treatment) to the Estate Community including plot owners, shared infrastructure, and hospitality infrastructure.
- Ensure the maintenance of all equipment including vehicles, earth moving plant, pumps, motors, power houses and generators.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical, Structural, Civil, or Electrical Engineering and/or Quantity Surveying.
- A degree in Project or Construction Management is a plus.
- Real Estate Industry experience (5+ years).
- Experience and knowledge of Kenyan regulatory requirements in construction and real estate,
- construction contracts and contract law, construction document preparation and administration, BOQ preparation, and tendering procedures is required.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs and requirements and coordinate multiple daily operations.
- Political awareness, cross cultural awareness, and organization astuteness.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills coupled with excellent writing and presentation skills are a must.
- Excellent management skills in planning, budgeting, supervision.
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- Proficiency in English required.
- Ability to speak Swahili an advantage.
All applications to be sent on email: email@example.com so as to reach us not later than 31st of May, 2014.