Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH) has been running programs in South Sudan since 1998. Main component is a Primary Health Care (PHC) program in Rumbek / Cueibet.
This PHC program finds itself in a transitional phase, from being run by DKH itself to being handed over to South Sudanese ownership with a local partner organization in cooperation with the Government of South Sudan (GoSS) - Ministry of Health.
Diakonie Emergency Aid – Regional Office Nairobi seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following position;
Technical Health Advisor - South Sudan
Job Summary: The overall aim of the position is to supervise and monitor Project Partners in South Sudan to ensure quality implementation of DKH financed Health Programs.
- Report directly to DKH Regional Director through the structures of the Regional Office in Nairobi.
- Assist and support Project Management Unit (PMU) to ensure a smooth hand over to Implementing Partner.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship and coordinate with State and County authorities, relevant international and local agencies engaged in similar activities in the county, including UN and other NGO’s.
- Supervise and coach staff in the program.
- Ensure the program is running according to DKH quality standards, including the maintenance of assets and premises.
- Support financial and narrative reporting as per DKH requirements.
- Project related administration: Organization of project review and team meetings, evaluations, external project monitoring visits, etc.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, i.e. Government of South Sudan (GoSS), INGOs, local authorities, local NGOs and communities.
- Represent DKH at coordination meetings i.e. attend health cluster and NGO forum meetings at the national level.
- Organize travels and monitoring visits to South Sudan of DKH Regional Office and/or DKH Headquarters and their respective consultants.
- Carry out other duties as requested by DKH.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 Years humanitarian experience in programing
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in Public Health
- Minimum 3 years experience in PHC management
- Degree in Public Health
- Proven experience with PME in INGOs
- Excellent communication skills, with good spoken and written English
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software: MS Word, Excel & Email applications required
This will be a one year contract with possible extension, based 70% in Lakes State, 30% in Juba.
To receive an application form, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include an application form, cover letter and a daytime telephone number.
The deadline for submission of applications is Monday, 5th June 2014.
All applications should be sent to : email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.