Job Title: Librarian
Recruiter: Kwale International Sugar Company Ltd
Reports to: Administration Officer
Company Overview: Kwale International Sugar Company Limited (KISCOL) is an upcoming sugar processing complex on the South Coast of Kenya. It shall have a 3000TCD Capacity with Cogen facilities. For more information please visit our website.
Purpose of the Position: The Librarian is responsible for providing library and research services for the organization and Maintenance of the library and its collections.
- Manage the planning of digital library, administrative and budgetary functions of library and information Services
- Organize digital knowledge and information;
- Provide digital reference services and electronic information services;
- Catalogue and categorize digital documents and digital knowledge.
- Order materials and maintain records for payment of invoices
- Maintaining library catalogues and making them easy to use
- Prepare reports related to library and information services, and activities
- Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Attention to detail and a quality-driven approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to cope under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Keen to develop new skills and knowledge and contribute to the development of the department, professional in your approach.
Qualification and Experience
- We are looking for an individual who has relevant work experience with digital library exposure, 3-5 years of experience,
- Degree in Library and Information Services. (Masters will be added advantage though not essential)
If you fit the description, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 17th May 2014, clearly indicating the position applied for.