For more than 20 years, Swiss Hunger Fund has devoted its energy to passionately advocating for the hungry, needy and politically under-represented members of our global family.
Locally, nationally and internationally, Swiss Hunger Fund is a vocal advocate for the hungry and displaced. We travel to every corner of the globe to help children and families in need.
We are seeking to employ an Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to be based in Nairobi.
The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all monitoring and evaluation plans for the organization.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work closely with the Programme team at the field level to coordinate and support all areas of programme monitoring, reviews and evaluations.
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Reporting to: M& E Program Manage
Duty Station: Nairobi-Kenya
Duration: Full Time
Overall Purpose of the Job: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work closely with the Programme team at the field level to coordinate and support all areas of programme monitoring, reviews and evaluations.
The M&E Officer will work closely with the M&E specialist, Project Manager to monitor implementation of the Emergency Assistance for Drought Affected Families in Kenya to ensure efficient and effective M&E of all project activities at all times.
She/he will also oversee the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plans.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the baseline and other surveys according to the approved M&E framework.
- Coordinate periodic monitoring activities i.e. monthly and quarterly data collection and analysis for the Emergency Assistance for Drought Affected Families in Kenya.
- Support all projects to meet their reporting requirements.
- Submit Monthly, Quarterly & Progress Reports to the M&E Program Manager.
- Work with other Programme Managers to ensure that the project documents progress and demonstrate project results as per the M&E plan in place.
- Support the data collectors and field assistants in carrying out data collection and community mobilization activities.
- Work with the Programme Manager as appropriate to ensure that there is good coordination and that there is quality assurance on all assessments, knowledge management, programme reviews and evaluations.
- Support programme design and review.
- Any other duties as required within the level and authority of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in any social sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with reputable national or international organization in M&E in humanitarian response context.
- Experience and competencies in research, monitoring and evaluation for INGOs, UN agencies and/or donor programs
- Computer proficiency in statistical packages like SPSS
- Sound understanding of indicators, data collection methodology, data quality issues; ability to develop indicators and data collection tools and assess data quality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, good proposal writing, documentation and report writing skills
Suitable candidates should email an application letter and Curriculum Vitae through our website:http://www.swisshungerfund.org/careers.html with three referees by Close of Business 6th June, 2014.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will seek to recruit the most qualified person for the job irrespective of marital status, ethnicity, religion, gender etc.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.