Position Title: Security Assistant
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Organization: Our Client is a chain of upscale coffee shop restaurants; they opened their first branch in Nairobi, Kenya in 1999.
The chain has since expanded its footprint opening an additional 19 branches and in response to changing consumer tastes, the company has launched two new brands into the market.
Headquartered in Nairobi Kenya, our client views its employees as a key pillar of the company’s success and the staff enjoy being part of a company that truly values its people.
From generous remuneration packages to ample opportunities for growth, most of the staff tend to stay with the company longer to benefit and be part of the growth.
Quality and professionalism are deep-rooted in the company’s culture and employees strive to ensure that every cup poured and every plate served is a reflection of their passion and promise to their customers.
Position: The Security Assistant will work closely with the Chief Security Officer to ensure that all security guidelines are adhered to in all the branches.
S/he will provide support in dealing with security related matters including ALL License renewal and acquisition for all the branches, current and up-coming, and any other role that may be delegated to him by the Chief Security Officer, from time to time.
- Assisting in operating closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras when need be.
- Assisting with fire drills and emergency evacuations.
- Establishing working linkages with all departments in terms of security awareness, and training.
- Ensuring optimal compliance with legal and statutory requirements in terms of licensing, inspections and enforcement by both local and central government.
- Assisting in establishing a representative team of skilled staff prepared to deal with safety matters like fire and first aid.
Experience and Background Needed
- Certification in Security management or equivalent.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a similar capacity.
- Possess some security training either from the Kenya Police Service, Kenya Prison Service or the military; serving in the rank of Police Constable, Warder or a private
- Must be computer literate.
- Should have undergone fire skills and first Aid training.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate high integrity.
- Must be prepared to work for long hours and offer response and support whenever needed 24 hours round the clock.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
To apply send CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 26th May 2014.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.