Kirinyaga County Government
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to the constitution of Kenya article 176 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Mechanical and Transport Officer
Ref: CPSB 06/06/2014
Job Group - N
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective preventive maintenance of county fleet.
- Prepare and manage fleet records.
- Ensure optimal and economical allocation of vehicle and plant to departments.
- Ensure the efficient scheduling of vehicle movement.
- Adopt new fleet management technologies.
- Ensure effective deployment of drivers and plant operators.
- Monitor and manage fuel consumption.
- Manage outsourced transport services.
- Ensure effective management of public transport.
Requirements for Appointment
- Possess a bachelor degree in mechanical engineering from a recognized University.
- Should have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with a minimum of two years in logistics management.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, feedback and analytical skills and must be computer literate.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution 2010 and is not disqualified for appointment to office by County Government Act or any other law.
Important information to all candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Terms of service contract or permanent
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their National Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- All interested candidates should satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution including the following clearances:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of clearance from any of the Credit References Bureaus (CRB)
All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 20th June, 2014 at 5.00pm.
Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Canvasing will lead to disqualification.
How to Apply:
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P.O. Box 260-10304,
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Kirinyaga County Public Service Board offices, Kirinyaga County Government Head Quarters, Kutus.