Kirinyaga County Government
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to the constitution of Kenya article 176 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Ref: CPSB 07/06/2014
Job Group – L
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of cooperative policies, standards and regulations
- Implementation of strategies for promotion of steady growth of the cooperative movement
- Registration of cooperative movements
- Arbitration and settlement of co-operative disputes
- Undertake investigations/inquiries into cooperative malpractices
- Conduct co-operatives education and training services
- Carry out Co-operatives audit and registration of audited accounts
- Carry out Cooperative extension, consultancy and advisory services
Requirements for appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a holder of a relevant first degree from a recognized university
- A relevant masters degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the cooperative movement or relevant field
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
- Meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members
- Ability to write reports and conduct trainings
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
Important information to all candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Terms of service contract or permanent
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their National Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- All interested candidates should satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution including the following clearances:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of clearance from any of the Credit References Bureaus (CRB)
All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 20th June, 2014 at 5.00pm.
Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Canvasing will lead to disqualification.
How to Apply:
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P.O. Box 260-10304,
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Kirinyaga County Public Service Board offices, Kirinyaga County Government Head Quarters, Kutus.