Murang’a University College
(A constituent college of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology)
Murang’a University College (MRUC) was established under Universities Act 2012 Section 74. MRUC is positioning itself to develop a distinctive profile as a progressive and international Technical University, growing its enrolment strategically.
The University College is located in Murang’a town, 85 km North East of Nairobi.
The University College Council invites applications from suitably qualified persons to provide leadership to the institution in the position Registrar Academic, Research, Innovation and Extension (ARI&E)
The Registrar – Academic Affairs
This is a senior position in the University College and the Registrar Academic Affairs Academic, Research, Innovation and Extension (ARI&E) will work under the direction of Deputy Principal - Academic, Research, Innovation and Extension (ARI&E)
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of key administrative and policy areas that relate to students learning and governance in the University College.
- Must possess PhD in relevant field with at least first degree in education.
- Must have at least three (3) years work experience in an institution of higher learning at the level of deputy registrar.
- Candidates with Masters degree and five (5) years working experience at the level of Deputy Registrar and above will also be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Registrar (ARI&E) reports to the Deputy Principal (ARI&E) and the Principal and is responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the office of the Registrar.
- Supervises staff in the Department
- He/she is the secretary of the College Academic Board.
- Responsible for formulation and implementation of departmental strategic plan
- Responsible for effective administrative systems in line with university college policies and procedures in line with the best practices
- Formulates and provides policy guidelines on planning, development and management of academic programmes.
- Coordinates preparation of curricula/Syllabuses, and rules and regulations governing the implementation of academic programmes .
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy and security of academic records of current and former students
- Facilities effective students admission, registration and enrollment
- Coordinates production and issuance of official Academic transcripts and certificates
- Interprets and enforces policies and regulations of the University touching on academic matters
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Terms and conditions
The above post carries a competitive remuneration package which includes basic salary, house allowance, and medical cover as per the University College’s medical scheme, leave allowance and official transport as per University College provisions.
The salary entry point will depend on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Interested applicants should forward ten (10) copies of applications including a detailed curriculum vitae, with contact details, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers, current post and salary, certified copies of certificates and testimonials and get clearance from the following institutions;
- Kenya Revenue authority
- Certificate of good conduct
And names of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and areas of specialization to reach the Principal not later than 20th June 2014.
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Applicants should request their referees to submit their reference directly to the address here below within the stipulated period.
Murang’a University College,
P.O Box 75 - 10200