Job Vacancy: General Manager
Our client, Hygiene & Safety Systems Limited (HSS) is a Kenyan company which is involved in the importation of cleaning equipment and materials and selling the same in wholesale or retail.
Located off Enterprise Road on Bamburi Road, HSS was founded and incorporated in 2007 to provide modern, state of the art, environmentally friendly, efficient hygiene and safety products for commercial, industrial and domestic use.
Some of their clients include Hotels, Hospitals, Schools and Tertiary Institutions, Cleaning and Allied support solutions companies to mention just but a few.
They provide them with a wide range of Cleaning Care Range of Products, Health and Safety and Personal Protective Equipment, Housekeeping products, and Washroom products, among others.
HSS has the backing of a global support network drawn mainly from South Africa, Asia and Europe and the GCC.
Overall Objective of this Position:
The General Manager will be responsible for effectively managing the operations of HSS so as to ensure the set performance goals are met.
The GM is expected to build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships to ensure operating and revenue targets are met, ensuring company profitability and the attainment of product quality and service standards.
Reporting: The general manager will report to the Group Chief executive Officer.
1. Business Development & Customer Relationship
- Develop in-depth market understanding and use this knowledge to support new product development so as to enable the company to attain an edge against competitors.
- Identify and execute potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Work closely with the business development team to ensure that the company is well positioned to compete effectively in respect to its product range, quality and service standards.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with clients and monitor their needs and those of the market to identify growth opportunities.
2. Leadership & Strategic Planning
- Provide strategic leadership to company operations, working with the stakeholders and employees to deliver excellent value to clients and enable the company to maximize its revenue and market share.
- Develop a dynamic business strategy that is able to deliver sustained growth in respect to both turnover and profitability as envisioned in the strategic plan.
- In liaison with your team develop the company budget with the approval of the Board and continuously monitor discipline in adhering to the budget.
3. Human Resources Management
- Recruitment of requisite employees, managing the employees in compliance of the company policies ensuring productivity.
4. Financial Management
- Ensure effective and efficient management of company resources including finances, assets etc.
- Set, manage and monitor the operational budget in consultation with the Group CEO.
5. Procurement Systems
- Develop and implement sound procurement systems that ensure transparency and competitive procurement of quality goods.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business related field from a recognized institution.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven good leadership skills and business growth abilities
- Proven negotiating skills
- Excellent computer skills including power point presentation.
- A minimum of 4 years in a relevant experience two of which should be in a senior position.
- Strong business acumen
- Customer centric
- High integrity
Our client offers all the advantages one would expect from an industry leader including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Kindly send a 2 page CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to email@example.com and address it to The Recruitment Manager as soon as you read this advert.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.