Our client is an upcoming private accredited kindergarten center catering to young children one (1) to seven (7) years of age.
Our Client is looking for a young, energetic and passionate individual to fill the position of Kindergarten Director
Job Purpose: The Job holder will Provide an educational program for the school in an environment favourable to learning and personal growth; establishes effective rapport with parents.
Manage the institutions budget and handle the overall administrative duties
- Directs activities of preschool, day care center, or other child development facility to provide instruction and care for children:
- Prepares and submits budget requests or grant proposals to solicit program funding
- Authorizes purchase of instructional materials and teaching aids, such as books, toys, and games designed to stimulate learning. Plans, directs, and monitors instructional methods and content for educational, vocational, or student activity programs
- Interviews and recommends hiring of teaching and service staff.
- Confers with teaching staff regarding child's behavioral or learning problems, and recommends methods of modifying inappropriate behavior and encouraging learning experiences.
- Reviews and approves menu plans and food purchases.
- May perform classroom teaching duties during absence of regular teacher and counsels and provides guidance to students
- Establishes, Reviews and approves new programs or recommends modifications to existing programs.
- Determines scope of educational program offerings and prepares drafts of course schedules and descriptions to estimate staffing and facility requirements.
- Coordinates outreach activities with businesses, communities, and other institutions or organizations to identify educational needs, and establish and coordinate programs.
- Collects and analyzes survey data, regulatory information, and demographic and employment trends to forecast enrollment patterns and curriculum changes.
- Organizes and directs committees of specialists, volunteers, and staff to provide technical and advisory assistance for programs.
- Plans and coordinates consumer research and educational services to assist in product development and marketing.
- Recruits, hires, train, and evaluate primary and supplemental staff and recommend personnel actions for programs and services.
- Writes articles, manuals, and other publications and assists in the distribution of promotional literature.
- Confers with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- A Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor s Degree an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 - 4 years of professional early childhood education teaching experience
- At least 2 years’ hands on experience in managing day to day operations of a kindergarten school, preferably having served in a senior position
- Proven track record in managing a kindergarten school
Knowledge and attributes
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate curriculum practice for 4 and 5 year old children
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and openness to new ideas in education practices, particularly related to Kindergarten Prep curriculum and materials
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to create partnerships with families
- Proven strength in verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Passionate, energetic, motivated, driven and fun
Salary: Kshs. (25,000 – 45,000)
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and competencies our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com (Indicating the JOB TITLE on the Subject Line) before close of business 7th March 2014.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.