Project Manager – KVA Donkey Welfare Project
The Kenya Veterinary Association (KVA) is a membership professional association for Veterinary Surgeons whose mandate is to act as a watchdog for the veterinary profession in ensuring proper management of veterinary and animal welfare issues that impact on the welfare of the veterinarians with an overall aim of enhancing animal welfare.
Towards this end the Association is involved in advocacy on issues affecting the animal resource industry in collaboration with other stakeholders.
The Association is currently undertaking an equine welfare improvement project in partnership with Brooke EA under its livelihood support program.
The Association is in the process of recruiting a Project Manager to join a highly motivated team.
Description: The Project manager has ultimate management responsibility for the project and ensures that the project activities are completed in time in line with budgetary guidelines.
The Project manager reports directly to the Association’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The overall function of the Project Manager is to implement the strategic goals and objectives of the project.
1. Program implementation, oversight and development
- Leads the implementation of the Brooke Donkey Welfare project.
- Organizes trainings, roundtables, networking events and other activities to achieve the goals and objectives of the project.
- Works together with the Association’s National Executive Committee (NEC) and Secretariat for future program development.
- Develops work plans, budgets and progress reports as required by the Association and the donor, Brooke.
- Manages the partner relationship with the donor, Brooke EA office.
- Maintains relationships the donor, project partners and stakeholders in order to create a network in which peer-learning and experience-sharing can occur.
2. Communication, Monitor and Evaluation
- Represents the project and the Association in dealing with partners, government agencies, donor agencies, beneficiaries, and at public appearances.
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation activities and reporting meet KVA and Brooke’s standards and are completed on schedule
- Reviews and finalizes project reports
3. Financial management and grant oversight
- As accounting officer ensure sound management of finances, personnel, project facilities and risks in partnership with finance team.
- Responsible for implementing activities in accordance with project or activity budgets.
- Consults with project accountant and Finance & Administration team regarding best practices for financial administration of project work
- Develops and monitors the grant agreements and sub-agreements for project partners
- Works with finance staff and the KVA Treasurer to revise budgets, as needed
- University degree in Veterinary Medicine from a recognized university.
- Member of the Kenya Veterinary Association (KVA) of good professional standing.
- Duly registered and retained by the Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB)
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Project Management with demonstrated success in project planning, financial management, program monitoring, report writing, identifying and procuring technical assistance.
- Experience in Animal Welfare advocacy programs is an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities; comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and mentoring skills with ability to build relationships and work effectively with myriad stakeholders.
- A track record that demonstrates energy, creativity and the ability to successfully prioritize and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience in data processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), presentation (Microsoft PowerPoint), E-mail and Internet browser.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV, stating qualifications, experience, current position and remuneration, phone contact, email address, name and addresses of two (2) referees, enclosing copies of relevant certificates/testimonials by Friday 25th April 2014 to:
Kenya Veterinary Association, Head Office,
Veterinary Research Labs, Kabete,
P. O. Box 29089 - 00625
Kangemi Nairobi Kenya.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted no later than Wednesday 30th April 2014