Job Title: Dispatch Officer – Mombasa
Company Profile: Our client is the regional leader of providing complete building solutions through the gathering of similar companies.
Job Purpose: The Dispatch Officer will be responsible for managing the staff, dispatching, route scheduling, tracking transportation vehicles and developing and implementing systems that maximize profitability while achieving high customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for daily supervision, motivation, training and development, setting clear expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and guidance, and holding employees within dispatch department accountable while establishing and operating optimal manpower for dispatch operations in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals &objectives, dispatch and warehousing systems for dispatch team in line with the overall organizational objectives.
- Coordinate and direct activities related to receipt, invoicing, storage/warehousing, retrieval, loading, weighing and dispatching of goods, as well as routing and tracking transportation vehicles while ensuring that the team is dispatching for profit; minimizing drive & idle time.
- Oversee order processing, stock control systems and inventory control systems-FIFO etc.
- Liaise with Clearing & Forwarding Department in checking and verification of shipping records and related matters while ensuring that warehouse and dispatch resources are well forecasted and made available.
- Develop and implement a customer’s complaint tracking and resolution systems that ensures all customer and sales /dispatch inquiries are being handled in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate and monitor in close liaison with the Quality Control and marketing departments the implementation of the QMS program; ensuring that quality of products is not compromised during loading, transportation and offloading stages.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses incurred within the department are consistent with approved budgets.
- Ensures that the Company’s health and safety policies are enforced at all times within the department’s operational areas in close liaison with the HR department
- Serve as a main point of contact for all levels of management on behalf of the department.
- Performing any other relevant duty as may be directed by the management from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Sound Knowledge of warehouse and inventory management.
- Sound Knowledge of Audit techniques and Methodology.
- Strong work ethics with a strong sense of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Mechanical and Engineering industry or related industry including import and export experience.
If interested, send in your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job position on the Job title