Kirinyaga County Government
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to the constitution of Kenya article 176 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
County Payroll Manager
Ref: CPSB 08/06/2014
Job Group – P
Reporting to Head of Human Resources Management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing an integrated County payroll management system
- Timely preparation of monthly payroll
- Ensuring enforcement of statutory deductions
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure payroll integrity
- Assist in the preparation of the Human Resources budget
- Preparing and maintaining a payroll records
- Coordinating with relevant departments
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
Requirements for appointment
- Be a holder of at least a relevant first degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
- A masters degree will be an added advantage
- A holder of CPA (K) is preferred
- Relevant experience in payroll management of not less than 5 years
- Hands on experience on payroll applications preferably IPPD and G-Pay
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
Important information to all candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Terms of service contract or permanent
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their National Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- All interested candidates should satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution including the following clearances:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of clearance from any of the Credit References Bureaus (CRB)
All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 20th June, 2014 at 5.00pm.
Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Canvasing will lead to disqualification.
How to Apply:
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P.O. Box 260-10304,
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Kirinyaga County Public Service Board offices, Kirinyaga County Government Head Quarters, Kutus.