Kirinyaga County Government
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to the constitution of Kenya article 176 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Director Alcoholic Drinks Control
Ref: CPSB 09/06/2014
Job Group – R
The Director shall be the head the Kirinyaga County Alcoholic Drinks Control Directorate and will be responsible for:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Recommend to executive committee member and participate in the formulation of laws and regulations related to alcoholic drinks
- Support and facilitate the sub-county Alcoholic Drinks Regulation Committees in carrying out their functions
- Carry out public education and research on alcoholic drinks control in the county directly and in collaboration with other public or private bodies and institutions
- Facilitate public participation in matters related to alcoholic drinks control in accordance to framework for public participation
- Facilitate and promote in collaboration with other county and national government the establishment of treatment facilities and programs
- Carry out research in collaboration with other institutions and serve as repository of data and statistics related to alcoholic drinks control
- In collaboration with other relevant County departments, prepare and submit a bi-annual alcoholic drink status report
Requirements for appointment
- Be a holder of at least a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya
- Have qualifications and knowledge in administration or management
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Counseling skills
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five years in a senior administration/management position
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Devolution, the County development objectives and vision 2030
Important information to all candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Terms of service contract or permanent
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their National Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- All interested candidates should satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution including the following clearances:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of clearance from any of the Credit References Bureaus (CRB)
All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 20th June, 2014 at 5.00pm.
Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Canvasing will lead to disqualification.
How to Apply:
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P.O. Box 260-10304,
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Kirinyaga County Public Service Board offices, Kirinyaga County Government Head Quarters, Kutus.