Kirinyaga County Government
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board
The Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to the constitution of Kenya article 176 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Ref: CPSB 10/06/2014
Job Group - K
The role will be responsible to respective executive by providing personal administrative support through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information
Roles and Responsibilities
The Personal Secretaries will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage correspondences, reports and documents
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, travel arrangements
- Set up and maintain filing systems
- Recording of proceedings and minutes,
- Typing from drafts and manuscripts, processing data;
- Operating office equipment;
- Attending to visitors/clients;
- Handling telephone calls and appointments;
- Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents, including classified materials;
- Preparing responses to simple routine correspondence;
- Undertaking any other secretarial duties that may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a person must have:-
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies or a Bachelor of Business and office Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; OR
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from KNECK or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution. OR
- The following qualifications from the Kenya National Examinations Council:
- Shorthand III (minimum 110 w.p.m.)
- Typewriting Ill (50 w.p.m)/Computerized Document Processing Ill
- Business English III/Communications II
- Commerce II
- Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III; and
- Secretarial Duties II;
Applicants should also have:
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications - spreadsheets, word processing, and database management
- Proven experience in information and communication management
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Relevant work experience of not less than five years
- Work experience in the public sector will be an added advantage
Important information to all candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Terms of service contract or permanent
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their National Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- All interested candidates should satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution including the following clearances:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of clearance from any of the Credit References Bureaus (CRB)
All applications should reach the Secretary on or before 20th June, 2014 at 5.00pm.
Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Canvasing will lead to disqualification.
How to Apply:
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Kirinyaga County Public Service Board,
Office of the Governor,
P.O. Box 260-10304,
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Kirinyaga County Public Service Board offices, Kirinyaga County Government Head Quarters, Kutus.